PlanetoWeb is a project which aims at delivering possibly the best Solar System model to the wide public [...]
In addition to objects listed below, in our model we also included (symbolical) star map and asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.
This model is not perfect. Some distortions may exist, but we are working hard to make it better.
Objects you can already see:
- Sun - the biggest star of Solar System
- Mercury - the first and the smallest planet of our sustem
- Earth - the only (known by humanity) planet with intelligent life forms
- Mars - red planet
- Jupiter - gas giant, the biggest planet of our system
- Saturn - it's known for its big, characteristic rings made of rock and ice
- Uranus - it also have ring, but not as big as Saturn, its axis tilt is very big
- Neptune - blue gas giant
- Pluto - since 2006 it's dwarf planet
In the future PlanetoWeb will be available on computers, tablets and cell phones. It is planned to add new functions like view from planet and add more astronomical object.
The authors of this project are:
- Marcin Łuszkiewicz
- Kacper Żuk